Black sunflower seeds, also known as black oil sunflower seeds, are a popular snack and cooking ingredient that have been used for centuries. These small black seeds are packed with nutrients and health benefits, making them a great addition to any diet. In this article, we’ll explore the nutritional value and health benefits of black sunflower seeds, as well as their culinary uses and ways to incorporate them into your diet. Black sunflower seeds are the seeds of the sunflower plant, which is native to North America. These seeds have been used for food and oil production for thousands of years, with evidence of their consumption dating back to ancient civilizations in Mexico and the Southwestern United States. Today, black sunflower seeds are widely available and popular around the world, particularly as a snack food and cooking ingredient.
Nutritional value of black sunflower seeds
Black sunflower seeds are a nutritional powerhouse, packed with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. One quarter cup of black sunflower seeds contains approximately:
elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
- 190 calories
- 15 grams of fat
- 7 grams of protein
- 6 grams of carbohydrates
- 3 grams of fiber
- 30% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin E
- 10% of the daily recommended intake of thiamin (vitamin B1)
- 10% of the daily recommended intake of magnesium
- 8% of the daily recommended intake of phosphorus
Compared to other nuts and seeds, black sunflower seeds are particularly high in vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage. They are also a good source of healthy fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds
Black sunflower seeds are a great source of antioxidants, which are compounds that help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause oxidative stress, leading to chronic diseases like cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Health benefits of black sunflower seeds
Consuming black sunflower seeds has been linked to a variety of health benefits, including:
- Rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds
- Promotes heart health and lowers cholesterol levels
- Improves bone health and reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- Boosts immunity and prevents chronic diseases
- Adding flavor and crunch to dishes
- Snack food and trail mix
- Baking and cooking applications
- Possible allergenicity
- High calorie content
- Adding to salads, oatmeal, and yogurt
- Using as a crust for meat or fish dishes
- Baking into muffins and bread
Tasty & Quality Approved Agricultural Products
are Available Here!
We supply and export great-quality Bold Peanuts, Java Peanuts, TJ Peanuts, Fresh Red Onion, White Garlic, Yellow Maize, Dry Red Chill and In Shell Peanuts with 100% customer satisfaction all over the world.